Simon Vacher Tell us about his van;
- What Type (Make / Model / Registration Year.)
VW 2005 T5, blue, Carpenter’s Van Origination!
- Name – go on, what is her pet name?!
She’s taken on the name of my current girlfriend! Josie. But usually is affectionately known as ‘The Van’.
- What is she used to carry and how?
2 x Sea Hippies, Surfboards, Windsurfing Kit, Bodyboard, Water, Beer, Stove, Fishing Rods, all stuffed in the back!
- Can you sleep in her / How many does she sleep?
Two, via a unique Pull-Out bed system designed especially by her owner!
- STAND BY YOUR VAN – In under 300 words, tell us the main things that make your van stand out from the crowd. You may want to include things like;
- Why did you choose this van? Good price at the time! Perfect as it was an empty ex-Carpenter’s van and open to my camper-building project.
- What do you love most about your van? The customness!
- ‘Pimp my Van’ – what extras does she have? The interior layout / racking and how it was constructed; who did the work? how much did it cost and how long did it take? £10 wooden shelving from B&Q, and the Eberspacher heater are two of many highlighted features!
- Do you have any interesting stories involving your van? Remember there are bonus points to be had for entertainment value as well as practicality! One surf trip ended up getting stuck in wet grass, followed by two yokel’s dragging her out with a tractor! She still sports two large dents on the bonnet which represents my friends helpful shoulder trying to push her out!
- Anything else you want to tell us! She needs a new airfreshner…